5 Ways You Can Improve Range of Motion
If you aren’t moving…you aren’t living! At our practice, we believe that movement is life, yet for so many people today, moving is difficult due to decreased range of motion.
When range of motion is inhibited, it’s common to experience pain and discomfort which may lead to overcompensation in other body parts as they try to pick up the slack, beginning a cycle of dysfunction.
Instead of dealing with poor range of motion and the pain it can bring, here are a few different ideas for getting back to proper movement.
1. Don’t let stress get out of control. It’s no secret that stress can cause problems in the body, but did you know it can also keep muscles tense, limiting movement? If you’re feeling stressed before exercising, try some breathing exercises to calm your body so that you don’t go into your workout with already tight muscles.
2. After working out, remember to stretch the muscles you just used. Spend at least 10 minutes doing light to moderate stretching after exercising.
3. Stay hydrated. When your body and muscles don’t get enough water, a variety of health problems can occur—especially relating to tightness and cramps, which can further restrict range of motion.
4. Consider getting a massage. Massage helps to relax tense and tight areas, while promoting circulation that may help with healing.
5. Visit us for an evaluation. We’ve helped numerous patients just like yourself move easier and better with a focused, gentle chiropractic care plan. We’d love to learn more about your goals and help you understand the benefits of adjustments firsthand. Contact us today to learn more.
In closing: There is an urgent problem facing our community where families are being compromised due to misinformation about health. Americans have never been as sick, diseased, or symptomatic as we are today. There are an endless amount of people who are suffering, who have been through the ringer and have tried anything and everything to no avail.
Schedule an appointment to talk to our doctor about how chiropractic
may be able to help you take your health to the next level.